This is the end of a show from March 28, 1991 (according to the tape label). Fresh J is hosting the episode alongside G. Fresh J’s cousin David is in the house as well along with Pumis Sweet Love (who I’m 90% sure Fresh J refers to as “Thomas Sweet Love”). Pumis discusses a new group he’s formed in Houston, TX called I.Q. and their (dope) new track “I Feel Black.” I.Q.’s main MC was Lacy “Lord” Lewis from Paterson, NJ and the DJ was from Dallas, TX (possibly named “E”). Pumis told me that “we did that track at this Country bar in Austin one summer and rocked.” Pumis also shouts out his brothers B Chill and BeFyne, the latter of whom is in South Carolina at a friend’s beach house.
What’s most interesting about this is that Fresh J very clearly refers to the show as “Raw Deal” even though the show was still in transition from “Club Krush” to the new name a full month-and-a-half later. It is possible the tape was recorded over and this is actually a show from later in 1991, but I kind of doubt it.
Really dope music on this one.
- Rampage (feat. L.L. Cool J)… EPMD
- WPRB ID
- Phony As Ya Wanna Be… The Genius
- Radioactive… Downtown Science
- Droppin’ Funky Verses… Tony D
- I Feel Black… I.Q.
- The Devil Made Me Do It (Radio Mix)… Paris
- Crocodile Dundee… YZ
- Rock This Funky Joint (On Fire Remix)… Poor Righteous Teachers
- My Science is Deep… Suicide Posse
- Treat ‘Em Right… Chubb Rock
- Airbreak (over “Can’t Do Nuttin’ For Ya Man (Instrumental)… Public Enemy”)